Monday, December 8, 2008

I use and will continue to use technology in my classroom. For me, thumb drives, powerpoints, course objectives, aligning curriculum objectives and assessements make my classroom experience easier. I float so these technologies move my lessons and keep track for me better than I can.

Technology has also made my job more intensive: more planning and reworking plans that involve technology and being ready for plan B when there are not enough computers or gliches, etc. I still look forward to being able to use the digital story and incorporating blogging in class and being prepared to send kids to my website to find assignments etc. I think these activities will definitely enhance my teaching.

I'm not the quickest learner so one thing that I am aware is that using the newer technologies in my classroom will take some time...even though I am eager to use them, I still suffer from the same issues of privacy and overall benefit to the learners and whether the computer hinders some kind of learning styles weighed against keeping my classroom current. Great class, even if I struggled.

No comments: